Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lifting God High ...


...means I must go low.  


I realized this morning that I haven't had a good conversation with God the past couple of days. When I bent my knees and bowed my head... instantly, I knew there was something coming between me and my God.  I have been trying to worship and be in the presence of the King without confessing my sins to him.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Why is it that I am so prone to forget that am a sinner in need of a savior?   Not just for my salvation from hell, but for my daily salvation from the hell I can create for myself here on earth.  When I exalt myself and start to think I am capable of being in control of my life...when I start lifting myself high..I will fall.


Here are some verses:

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.


1 Samuel 2:7
The LORD sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.
"The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!

Job 36:7
He does not take his eyes off the righteous; he enthrones them with kings and exalts them forever.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Hebrews 7:26
Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens

No comments: