Thursday, October 15, 2009

A wart!

Three days into my blog and already warts start to appear.


No post yesterday. It was in my head but didn't make it to page. WART!

I wasn't the best worker yesterday. Tired, slow and ineffective. WART!

I might have offended coworkers with my loud and opinionated views. WART!

I waited until midnight last night to do my bible reading...cramming it in. WART!

My outfit, yesterday, ended up feeling like a Halloween costume. I felt like a WART!





Yesterday didn't start the way I had it planned. It really started the night before. Going to bed at midnight didn't give me much energy to get up at 6:00 AM to spend time with God before the day started. I managed to pull myself from the chains of bed just in time to get my physical self ready for the day. My physical appearance started to reflect the inner reality.

I had worn that outfit the weekend before...I got compliments. However, my legs would be cold, so I pulled on a pair of patterned tights that I rarely wear. My mirrors aren't full length, so I wasn't aware of my appearance until I went to the bathroom at work. I opened the door to reveal myself in the ceiling to floor mirror and was... embarrassed. The tights somehow made me look like I was wearing a witch's costume. I told Husband about it later that night on the way home (we both laughed hysterically) and I changed as soon as I got in the door! No big deal, really.

I wish the inner warty self was as easy to get over. It is these warts which can easily make me feel as if I am not a very good Yvette. That God looks down and is disappointed in me and is shaking his finger. It is these warts which keep coming back, reminding me that I have a long way to go. I have taken care of these warts before ...many times...I thought they were healed.


"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. " (1 John 1:8-9)


Warts...reminding me that I have a long way to go which in turn drives me back to God. Just having them and letting them all hang out for others to "enjoy" wouldn't be very nice. However, what if they are there so that I continue to come back to God. To receive his healing, so that I can then go out into the world and tell them..."YOU CAN GET RELIEF FROM YOUR WARTS TOO! THEY DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU AND YOUR SELF ESTEEM!" "God is Faithful and just will forgive YOU and PURIFY YOU!"

Healing, cleansing and purifying...just words...until you experience them from the hands of a generous, graceful, forgiving, loving, tender, hopefull and faithful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Dear Lord, thank you for the warts...not so I can go out and offend people but that they bring me back to the foot of your cross. Back to your loving and outstretched arms that take me back every time. Thank you for encouraging me by also completely healing some areas of my life, by bringing me further down this road of righteousness. May the scares remain so they remind me of your miraculous works in my life. My love pours out for you because you first loved me.

Yvette

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Just a test to see where I can find this comment.