Monday, October 12, 2009

Why I FINALLY started my Blog

Why have a blog?

I guess there are more reasons than I could possibly immagine. Mine is pretty simple.

First, I need a spot to hold some of my thoughts as I navigate through my daily intake of the internet and world around me. I have favorite blogs I have bookmarked, but it is the interesteing "off the beaten path" kind that I need to keep track of with ease. Hopefully, this will be an effective way to do that.

Second, I also wanted a place where I could record my "1000 Gift List" that Ann Voskamp inspired. I want to be a part of a community that gives thanks and glory back to God. and then shares these blessings for the good of the community. I have gained so much from Ann's lists. She inspires and encourages me so much.

Third, I am hoping that this will be a sort of "accountability" tool for me to sit and talk with God in the morning. He is always drawing me towards Himself and the mornings are really the only time I feel as though I can have uninterrupted time with him. I need His word and his spirit to help me throughout the rest of the day. The time will actually be spend before the post, but I pray that the post will be an honest reflection and response from our time that we spend together.

Here are a couple posts I ran across this morning regarding this very practice which I felt were helpful to me:

Thirsting after God - How can I truly "drink the cup of Jesus"?
Spending the morning with God - I especially liked the passage from George Muller. A great reminder to go to bed early so we can get up early.

One thing I want to stay away from is to come on here daily and say something profound with a goal to change the world with my intelligence or loftiness. I really just want to be me, warts and all. Maybe God can and will use this broken vessel....but it won't be by a post directed on my own. By his Grace, He will meet me here and hopefully I will receive Him and His offer to have our daily morning coffee. Dear Lord, may I always receive your invitation.

No comments: